Monday, June 08, 2009

Mommy's The Best


So it doesn't take much to get in trouble with my kids. Isaac is on his toes and very alert about every thing i say. He'll try and get me to promise him something like taking him to mini golf or letting him play my hockey game and then if by chance I forget, he gets rather upset with me. Need to be a man of my word. The thing is... the turkey tries and sneaks it in on me so I'm talking to tanya, feeding faith, eva screaming about something and isaac asks me if its ok if we go mini golfing on friday and I say sure... well, i need to be on my toes a little more. So last night as we ate dinner, we were talking and I look over and isaac has his head down and close to tears. Did I miss something. So I asked if he was ok and it was like pulling teeth to get it out of him. What Happened... Did daddy say something that hurt your feelings? The head starts nodding yes... I tried to think what I had said over the last 5 minutes and I couldn't recall. Tanya and I were just joking around so I really was at loss for how i hurt this poor boys feelings. I said, "Will you tell me what Daddy said that hurt your feelings" and he nodded and said , "yes, but I can't tell you here, i have to tell you in the other room" So out we went to the hall and I convinced him to give up what i had said...

"Daddy, you said you loved mommy the best" His voice was shaky and it pretty near broke my heart. I think we were joking about the hot tub and that I loved the hot tub but I loved her more she was the best or something like that. Anyway, i had to console the poor kid and let him know that I loved mommy and him and faith all equally, eva, i wasn't so sure about to which a big smile came on his face and his deep belly laugh...

I love my kids... they are the best



Posted by Picasa

No comments: