Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Torch


Day 46 of the Torch Relay across our great country and the torch ran through Belleville. Isaac (not so much Eva) and I have been following the torch online and watching it and checking out where it is each day. I promised them that I would take them to see the torch live and in person. It's one of those things that you only get to see once in your life. When it came through in 1987, i was sick or in school or couldn't remember. Anyway, I as we stood in front of Greenley's bookstore downtown, one of the memories of my school days from Harmony was my dad pulling me out of school, taking me down twice to Greenley's bookstore to meet first Ken Dryden and then Don Cherry. I was pretty young but those memories still stick with me. Anyway, I hope that I have done the same with my kids. I ripped home from work, picked them up from school and went downtown to sit and wait for the flame


It was pretty neat experience as the anticipation built for the coming runner. Above is Beverly Thompson, who co-hosts Canada AM (gee, wonder how her name got pulled and mine didn't:)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: