Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Bike Ride for Cancer

 Our Good friends lost their dad to cancer earlier this year.  In August they held a 40k bike ride in his memory and fund raiser for cancer.  I've never come close to biking 40k so was a big thing for me.
 
 
 Was pretty emotional when i finished.  There were 20 bikers registered and it wa just a fun ride.  We were all together for the first 8km and then we broke into groups.  I was with the lead group for the first 25 and then ended up on my own.
That day was the anniversary of mom's funeral so i was kinda sketchy emotionally to start with.  I was questioning my ability to complete the race all week, and when i got to the end, my family was there cheering me on... tanya hugged me and said, i knew you could do it...was a nice moment... and then isaac, "you lost daddy, you came in 8th"  Back to reality:)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carol said...

I was proud of you! <3