Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Walk for Mom 2014

 
Walk for Mom 2014
I'm planning on making this an annual event. I will be walking again this year from Mackay Insurance to my home in support of Christmas Sharing in honor of my Mom.

On December 23, 1986, my mom made me walk home alone from town to our house on the 4th Concession. If you were at the funeral,  you heard me share the story. My mothers heart was always to look out for those who were less fortunate or alone. With that in mind, I'd like to try and raise funds to go towards a local charity (Christmas Sharing) that helps supply Christmas Dinners to those with no where else to go. I am asking my family and friends to consider contributing $5 or $10 towards my walk. All proceeds will be donated the Christmas Sharing Program.
 
Over the last 3 years, we've been able to raise over $10,000 to help with Christmas Sharing.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

 Thanks for remembering and honoring my mom


 A few have asked how to donate. There are a few ways:
1. Cash or Cheque and drop by either the office at 211 Dundas St.
2. Mail to 211 Dundas St. E. Belleville, Ontario K8N 1E2
3. Give direct to either Dad or Myself
4. I can also accept online by paypal:
... https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=bruce%40mackayinsurance.com&lc=CA&item_name=Walk+For+Mom&currency_code=CAD&bn=PP-DonationsBF%3Abtn_donateCC_LG.gif%3ANonHosted

I plan to deliver the cheque  after my walk to the folks at Christmas Sharing. Thanks for sharing the vision and honoring my mom.
Online Payment, Merchant Account - PayPal
www.paypal.com
PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay online without revealing your credit card number.

Here is link to my blog with more of the story:
http://www.dbrucemackay.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-walk-for-mom.html



No comments: