Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Barry

I drove my wife & mother-in-law to Toronto Last night, got them set up in a hotel near the hospital and then left to come home on the train. Got in after midnight and spent the night at my folks where the kids were. As I was leaving the hospital last night, the surgeon and the doctors were going in to meet with Barry. They said it is a miracle he's still alive because his blockages are 100% in most cases. That's why they are pushingto get the surgery done quicker. They scheduled him for 7:00am this morning. Tanya said they wheeled him in at 8:00 so now we sit and wait and pray. We may not hear anything for the next 5 hours.

When I was there last night, Tanya and I and Barry & Jo-Ann sat to watch a video about the procedure and what to expect. One of Barry's questions was, will they have to stop my heart... Yes we will and then we will restart it. It kind of was a numbing feeling hearing that.

Thanks for your prayers

No comments: