Sunday, April 01, 2007

Funk Brothers


Tan and I went out for a concert tonight at the Empire Theatre. I had ordered the tickets a while ago and as it turned out, bulls were playing tonight too... I'd bought these tickets a while ago so we went not knowing what to expect. Funk Brothers were the studio session players for all the Motown Hits. When we got to the concert, we were smack dab in the front row and realized rather quickly that we were among the youngest there. Then as the concert was about to start, lead guitarist Eddie Wills came out on a motor scooter wheelchair... i thought to myself, what on earth have I done... the bull are playing tonight....

Anyway, concert turned out to be really good. I'm in a motown mood now



Was talking with Isaac today and trying to expain to him about Palm Sunday and the real meaning of easter. On Friday, the people killed jesus but on sunday, he was raised from the dad so that if we ask him into our heart, we can go to heaven and live with him... Isaac's response. "Nooooo.... I don't wanna go to heaven" so I said Why not, where do you want to go... Classic response: "To the Bulls Practice" (not even a game, but a practice) We have a ways to go obviously in teaching him about easter!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: