Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend


June 28, 2007, Ponderosa Steak House in Belleville will close for the final time. Most ponderosa's in ontario closed years ago but Belleville has held on to it for many years. In our 30 years in Ontario, the Ponderosa has always been a favorite eatery for the Mackay Family from going out after church when we were little, hanging out with Youth & C&C's, to meeting back there once again with all our families. Earl Wilson, the manager/owner has been there throughout the whole time and I feel like he's watched me grow up. Tanya asked me what I would like to do for Fathers Day and there wasn't much of a decission to make... we're going to Ponderosa for one last time. My darling wife who does not share the same love for this steak house as do I, commented "just think, most people had this experience 20 years ago. So you've had 20 extra years... Get over it" I may be embalishing a touch but the sentiment was there!
Rumor has it, we're getting either an Applebees or an Outback. Won't be the same...
So Long Old Friend
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ha ha, I love Tanya's comment, she is so wise.

Paul said...

I love that place...... sigh

Roger & Heather said...

Yeh sad to see it go ...but hey, I wasn't one of the best customers.
Heather

Willows of the West said...

You must really be suffering because you haven't been able to post since sharing this heart breaking news!

We're thinking of you during this tough time.