Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Snoozies

I've had a rough week sleep wise. Today during church, I unfortunately nodded off a few times. Pastor Peter came up to me after the service and said, I saw you at the back today bruce... Thinking he saw me sleeping, i fessed up and said, how tired I was and then he said, oh, i hadn't noticed that you were sleeping... DOH.

Reminds me of a few years ago when tanya and I were dating. We were planning the wedding, building the house, working like crazy and one sunday morning at her church, I was pretty much passed out. Godfrey Thorougood came up to me after the service and said "Bruce, I couldn't help but notice what a worshipful mood you were in" Thinking he was joking, i thought to myself, is he serious. He went on for a bit and then I couldn't take it anymore and i said, "Sorry, Godfrey, i was asleep" The look of disappointment that came over his face, I remember to this day and then he replied, "Well, I appreciate your honesty" and then he went his way. Man I'm a loser

No comments: