Saturday, February 03, 2007

Things I've Heard

Our daughter is one tough cookie. She takes more hits and body checks from her big brother than I can believe and for the most part she doesn't even whimper. Last night however she got pasted against the kitchen cupboards and began to cry. When brought to task on the issue, Isaac responded " I was just pretending Eva was the boards and glass" Great

As I was about to leave last night for hockey, Isaac said "Daddy, score me a goal." I told him I wouldn't promise but I'd try. I asked what he'd do if i scored and he said he would yell "GGGGOOOOAAAALLLLL and if you don't score Daddy, I am going to go into my room and shut the door and be very very very very sad daddy" Great, no pressure or nothing. When I missed the open net in the first period, visions of a depressed 3 year old haunted my mind so thankfully when I tipped home a blistering Bill Boone shot in the 2nd, those thoughts were erased

Heading to a Jazz night tonight at the church. Should be a fun night
(bad weather... ended up staying in)

No comments: