Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ride the Caterpiller


So I had a pretty good day today in Toronto on course trying to learn to be a better manager I was up just after 5 and took the train to toronto. I was feeling guilty about taking the course on my daughters birthday but I'd be home just after 7 and it wouldn't be too bad... I got on the subway around 4:10pm and my VIA Train was to leave at 5:30. No worries. In 40 minutes, the train had gone about 4 stops. There I sat stuck on a "Rocket" somewhere between Summerhill & St. Clair. Finally got to Bloor and the subway was shut down completely south of bloor so you can imagine the mayhem of people trying to escape the underground. There was a sea of people as far as the eye could see and all of a sudden i hear this voice, "Hey Bruce" and it was Bryan Sarles. I eventually got out and and ran, tried to get a bus, walked, the sidewalks were just jammed. It's hot and i'm sweating like a greased pig. I eventually got to union at 5:40 and promptly missed my train. Next train to Belleville is 10:00pm... i'm heading to cobourg and thumbing a ride from there.... and yes, i win father of the year award as I'll miss my daughters birthday completely. Stink. Feels like a scene from Plains, Trains & Automobiles.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Roger & Heather said...

Hey Bruce
Don't be kicking yourself, man!
She has a dad that loves her and teaches her about her heavenly Father who loves her. What more does a child need!!
Heather

Anonymous said...

The happy thing is, she's only two. She won't remember. YOU will, forever. :) but not Eva. It'll just be a story daddy tells her when she's older. If you'r really good story teller you can probably turn it into one she loves to hear!! LOL

Hang in there and don't beat up on yourself.

Glenda