Thursday, March 13, 2008

March Break


Everyone was going south and somewhere warm this week but we've elected to stay put. Eva has been sick this week and has made a trip to the doctors and is now recovering from an ear infection. She has been very croupy and at times her voice is raspy and almost gone. On tuesday, i worked from home and stayed with her. As I helped Tanya and Isaac get into the jeep, I could hear the kitchen cupboards slamming. I came back in a little afraid of what she was doing and at the top of her lungs, she yelled... "MY BOOGERS GONE" She had wiped her nose and threw out the kleenex. Gracious sakes. Her breathing has been really bad this week and I've ended up spending a few nights sleeping in her bed with her just to make sure she's ok. I know, i'm a worry wart but I just wanted to be with her. On Monday night, i was in our own bed and around 6, Eva woke up crying at her gate. I didn't even hear her as her voice was so raspy. Tanya got up to make sure she was ok and eva, all sleepy and raspy asked... "Is my daddy in your bed" She's got me wrapped right around her little finger


So today, i had a day off scheduled to spend with Isaac, just the two of us. We had to get mommy's oil changed. Fun Times. When all his friends get back to school from florida talking about Mickey Mouse and Disney World, Isaac will be able to boast about seeing Mr. McKeown of Mckeown Motors and learning of the miracle of the oil change! We're in the market for a new vehicle so we were checking out some new vehicles too so that was kinda fun. As we were driving back from Springbrook, Isaac said, "Daddy we can eat lunch whereever you want... you choose" I asked him if he was sure and he said Yes, wherever you want daddy. He's been acting so thoughtful latley... As we wheeled into stirling, he reminded me again, we can eat wherever you want. So I decided to pull into Subway, and as I pulled into the parking lot, he let out this this cry, " I don't wanna eat here" So much for wherever you want to eat daddy. When I got home from Work on Wednesday, he was all happy to see me and was rather excited to give me a hug. He had told Tanya earlier that He wanted to throw me a birthday party and my present would be a hug. As I said he's been really thoughtful lately... come to find out he's been watching Oprah's Big Give with Tanya... That Oprah...

The main event for us today was actually to go to the stirling theatre to see "You're a good man Charlie Brown" It was really well done and Isaac really enjoyed himself. He kept letting out these deep laughs that could be heard throughout the theatre. It was pretty cute. After the program, we went up on stage to get autographs from the cast. When he got to LUCY, be began to freak out as she was "CRABBY" in the play. He wanted no part of her autograph. The young girl who played her thought it was rather funny... I however, was a little embarrased.

All in all, it's been a good week. Some High's, some low's, Lots and Lots of Snow but a week that I wouldn't trade for anything... I love my family!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: