Monday, July 27, 2009

Retirement at the age of 6



After a very long weekend of soccer which ended trimphantly, Isaac started asking me questions at bedtime last night. He wanted to know when you were done playing hockey and soccer. I said, well you're done soccer now and he quickly jumped in and said, no, how old are you when you stop playing them. I said you can play as long as you want and that daddy was 38 and he still played hockey. 20 minutes went by, i thought they were in bed asleep, and out comes a down and dejected isaac, walked out of the room. I said, What's up bud to which he replied...

"When Hockey is over this year, i'm going to quit sports. I'm going to quit sports for 3 years" Tanya and I both started to laugh because it caught us right off guard. I then asked, why are you going to give up sports? to which he replied "I wanna spend more time with family"

Guess he's been watching to much NHL netork and rehersing what the pro's say when they retire. Too funny.
He awoke this morning however and in a reverse decission has decided he would like to play baseball next year. Retirement lasted 12 hrs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: