Friday, March 02, 2007

Death & Taxes

Ok, so I received a letter from Revenue Canada Last night. I just thought it was stating how much RRSP contributions I could do. I opened it up and aparently they've decided that they'd like to re-state my income for 2005 and show some investments (not cashed in then) as earned. It wasn't a big amount at all. I'm not sure why so I read the letter for the explanation, and it's not there. They state that Federal Tax is like $20.08 and provincial rate was $8,21 or something like that. Ok, so I flip it over and it says $151.00 is owing. I don't understand but I'm not trying to hide anything and if I owe taxes, then I guess I 'll pay it. The thing that burns me is that it's taken then 12 months to restate this. I'm not trying to hide anything, so why didn't you just take it off my tax return from last year. Ok, i'm ranting but I'll pay the $151. But then the thing that has put me over the top and just about lost it is that they've decided to charge me interest on arrears for an extra $12. You're charging me interest on something you just told me about... No wonder Zacheaus was a hated man.

Watched Entertainment Tonight this evening. They've have absolutely gone off their rocker with this Anna Nicole Smith Death/Funeral. They've given it more coverage and publicity than Lady Diana & The pope combined. Am I missing something here, this is a Playboy model who married an 86 year old oil tycoon billionaire and really hasn't done a ton else. Why is our society so taken by this... ok, i did watch it myself and I guess I'm being a hypocrite.

Doing some running around tomorrow and then we've rented one of the suites at the Bulls game for our staff & business partners. Should be a fun night.

No comments: