Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25 - January 25


So anyone who knows me, knows that I collect sports memorabelia. I recently put a bid in with NHL.com on a banner from Dallas used for the 2007 All Star Game. I think it was like $12 and I thought it would go great in my work out room in the basement of the office. So i was quite excited to get my shipment today... it looked pretty big when i got it... opened up the box and there it was.. i thought, cool... but there appears to be a bunch of other boxes taped to this one... 6 in total. As I opened each one up, i discovered 4 all star banners, an advertising rink board sign "shop nhl.com", a banner from the year end awards in las vegas and...


a banner from this years winter classic. I saw a bill and invoice for $202 for this on. I know I only paid $12. I was pretty happy but then i realized, someone else had paid for them and they must have shipped to me in error. Do I say anything or just keep them... well, i felt very convicted so I wrote an email to the NHL and said, i'm pretty sure I got these things in error. I was very tempted just to keep them but i couldn't live with myself. I wrote them right away and have yet to hear back... perhaps I may get to keep them after all but we'll see. In the mean time, i'm enjoying my banners:)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: