Sunday, December 17, 2006

This Weekend

Had another busy weekend but a fun one. Started Friday night playing hockey. Isaac asked me to score him another goal... i didn't of course. 10-2 Win and I couldn't find the back of the net. He's agreed to teach me how to score.

We had Isaacs final skating lesson saturday morning. He uh,, well, didn't pass. He got the purple participation ribbon but he was the youngest kid in his class. Anyway, it was free skate and he brought his hockey jersey and gloves and stick and was skating really well. Best time out yet. His teacher couldn't get over it was the same kid. Just wanted to play hockey that's all. Mom & Dad took some pictures so I'll post as soon as I get them. Isaac made sure I had my hockey jersey on too so I wore my Bulls one with Mackay on it. A little girl came up to me awe struck and said Are you a Hockey Player and before I could get anything out, Isaac pipes up "My Daddy's just a pretend hockey player" Out of the mouths of Babes...

Went to Bulls game last night.. they won to finish off the first half of the season. After the game, the players and families, billets and support staff were invited out to the Bulls Christmas party. Tanya and I went, had a great time. They were having draws for give aways. One of the items was a night at the Mariott her in town. My back was to the MC and he pipes up... "We have a night for two at the Mariott here.... Man you should have seen Bruce Mackay's eyes light up...!" Anyway, they pulled the number, read it out... Doesn't it turn out to be Tanya's ticket. She made me go up and get it... everyone had a pretty good laugh... what are the odds...

During the day yesterday, Tanya washed her hair and didn't straightened it so Isaac pipes up... "Hey Mommy, where did your new hair cut go"... On the way to church this morning... "Hey Mommy, your new hair cut is back... YAY!"

So I still haven't gotten the Noma President for christmas yet. 3 Strings are half out. I popped into town for "15 Minutes" at 1:30 to buy 3 sets of lights. Went to Canadian Tire, Zellars, Sears, The Mall and Walmart... not a string in town... Just got back a few minutes ago (4:30) I just love the christmas rush...

No comments: