Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bouncing Back

It amazes me how quickly kids can bounce back. This morning, you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with Isaac and Eva and at lunch time, Isaac was getting a little tired so he headed off to bed on his own, then came back on the couch for a few minutes. We went to give him some Tylenol and he melted away on our couch. Fun Times in the City. He had a good nap and he's fine now... Eva was screaming uncontrolably for 1/2 hour and then just stopped and started running around giggling and laughing. I don't get it. Poor Tanya has been the only healthy one of the bunch and I'm amazed she still is after cleaning all the bedding, clothes, carpet, couch... she's quite a woman.

I have come down with something now... feeling like garbage tonight, although I haven't melted yet...

Big Snow storm tonight... can't wait. I remember in Grade 11-13, I never took the bus to school at all, always drove... except for the day my bus was cancelled and it was those days that I had intended to take the bus... wierd coincidence. I'm 35 and haven't taken the bus in 20 years but there's something about bus cancellations to this day that I get excited about. Can't explain it.

Well, heading off to bed and try and get rid of this bug... here's hoping Bus 520 get's cancelled tomorrow.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I was just chatting on MSN and I JUST said almost that!

and I quote :

Paul says:
I bet my kids don't have to go to School tomorrow

Paul says:
a snow day was one of my few pleasures when I was in school


I remember what a pleasant surprise it was, back then, to wake up and find out we didn't have to go to school....

what do you MEAN you drove to school from grade 11 to 13? mom and dad never let ME do that....
and I bet they never let CAROL do that either.... mind you, by then, Dad had a Volkswagen,..... Standard transmission, and with Carol's ability to Chug and Lurch, her back would never have been able to stand her driving to school every day! lol