Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ken Dryden




So last night was a big walk down memory lane. Growing up as a kid, I wanted to be Ken Dryden. Out on the rink in front of our house, I was Ken Dryden... he was my hero. Seeing his number 29 raised to the rafters last night brought back all kinds of memories from the 70's when he helped Montreal win 6 stanley cups. To this day, i still recall my parents going to Montreal to see a game and they took Paul and Carol and left me at home with my babysitter Shirley Morrison... no i'm not bitter at all!

I taped the ceremony last night and as I was eating my breakfast this morning, I was re-watching it. When it got to the end, Isaac piped up, let's watch it again daddy. A 3 year old wanting to watch a jersey retirement ceremony again... he is my son!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is 2007..time to get over it!!!!!

Paul said...

Dad took us and left you home???
I don't remember that...... I think dad should make it up to you, and take us ALL to see a montreal game... whadda ya think???????

Anonymous said...

You couldn't have been listening, Paul.WE heard it quite often.

I am sure those parents wish they had taken him! But then what would he have for bad memories of his growing up?

Edge Dude said...

I'm Sure I've more than made up for it!!