Sunday, November 12, 2006

Bad Father

We went out for a 50th Anniversary Banquet for our Church last night (www.parkdalebaptist.org) The kids stayed at my folks and when we got there at 10 to pick them up, they were still awake and wired. As expected on the way home, Isaac crashed and crashed hard. We brought him in the house and he was gone to the world. Tanya picked him up as he was sleeping and said, "When did my baby boy get so big" and his subconsious must have heard and understood it because the response as his eyes were still closed "I'M NOT A BABY" Made me laugh.

Anyway, we put the kids to bed and Tanya asked me, you gave the kids milk right. I said yes. She said, why his his milk still here in the diaper bag... where did you get his milk from. I thought to myself and then it hit me... oh no... it's the milk from the night before that was left in his room. It was disgusting. I went back to get it, emptied it out and it was in litterally chunks. I felt so bad. I got isaac a new milk, took it back into him, he too a drink and said..."Hmm.. that's tasty" Well anythings gotta be better than the chunky milk kid...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I recall the story, your mother gave you 3 bottles of sour milk one day before realizing there was a problem. And look how you turned out!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ben used to open the bottle and eat the chunks!!! He'd find a bottle that had rolled under his crib or some such place and not been missed... and eat the "cottage cheese" that was in it.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Glenda H

Paul said...

in the same spirit as :

Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whey,
Along came a spider,
Who sat down beside her
And frightened Miss Muffet away

is this little ryhme:

Poor Little Isaac,
probably car sick,
desperately needing a drink
cause his father was hasty,
he found the milk tasty,
and drank it in spite of the stink