Friday, November 17, 2006

Toppers Pizza

With bible studies on Thursday, it has become our weekly toppers pizza night. I'm becoming a man of routine. I leave work on thursdays just after 5, call and order the pizza on the way home and it's always ready when i get there... I arrived last night at 5:25 and was a little surprised it wasn't ready. 7-8 minutes sir... not a problem, i'll wait. So I sit there and I start reading their guarentee - 20 minutes or ... i'm expecting free... not you save $3. The room was full but it began to empty out. I begin to get concerned when the guy who showed up after me and ordered while I was there got his pizza before me. Anyway, I was patient and then i realize i am the only person there and no pizza's there and then I hear a guy yell... we screwed up on this order... then they spotted me sitting there waiting.... I watched them (45 minutes after i ordered my pizza) start to make my pizza again cause i guess they made it wrong the first time... at this point i'm getting really steamed and it usually takes a lot to get me going. Then the manager says not a problem sir, i'll take $3 off your order. I almost started to giggle cause it was so comical. She looked at my order, must have seen the time i'd ordered, looked back up and said, oh, actually i'll take $5 off. So it's 6:00 my pizza is finally ready, they bring it out to me and charge me... full price. I questioned the manager why she didn't take off the money like she said and then she says... oh, i've taken it off of your next order... and i'm thinking to myself... that's a brave assumption. I think it's time to look for a new pizza place.

1 comment:

Paul said...

man, what a lot of GALL!!!

It's time......

five bucks, five bucks, five bucks!!