Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Good Morning Daddy

We've been having a hard time with Isaac lately. Ever since the time changed, he's decided 5:00am is a great time to get up. When we make him go back to bed, he has a little temper tantrum and it's been really frustrating. Last night we prepped him pretty good, if he woke up early, he was to look out the window, if it was still dark, he wasn't to call us and he was just to sit and wait in his bed. Well about 6:25 this morning, Eva woke up and started crying and woke us up. I went in to get her and I just caught this outline of a little boy sitting up in bed, With a big grin, "Good Morning Daddy, I looked out the Window" Before 6am I had heard some rustling in his room so he'd been sitting in his bed quiet and waiting. He's been disobeying so much lately that it was a nice refreshing change.

I usually leave early for work fairly early and eat here at the office but this morning, isaac was up came up to me and said "Daddy, can you eat breakfast with me today" I said sure buddy and his response... "Great" It warmed my heart... On some days it seems he's getting very bratty and disobedient, but it's days like this that I remember. Today is a good day.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Cherish the early morning breakfasts bruce......

I really admire the way you are bringing up your kids....